Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Keepers of the Home

It's official... we are taking a break from MOPS, and pursuing other endeavors in the meantime. As much as I love and miss MOPS, I am so excited about this year's replacement; "Keepers of the Home." It is like a Girl Scout program, only with a Bible study component that I think is awesome!

The group of girls seem so sweet, and we had a fantastic first meeting! The girls started with a game. Natalie was a bit shy at first, but did end up playing. I was so proud of her; I think this will be good for her!


Next was an awesome Bible Study on forgiveness. It's time for me to buy my girls their first "real Bible." I love how they all took turns looking up scriptures and reading them. Right now I can say with confidence that my girls can find the Psalms and that's about it. I'm now motivated to get them to memorize the books of the Bible! Anyone have a song for me?

Our activity this time around was cake decorating. The girls actually decorated little round pound cakes to look like sushi. Very fun!




Upon completion, they each received a cake decorating badge. I think I may have to bust out the sewing machine and order some vests or sashes! They were also assigned secret sisters to pray for. Allison was even able to remember some prayer requests from her secret sister tonight. Hooray for Keepers of the Home!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I learned a Bible book song to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star when I was little. It's still what I sing when I need to find a book!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails