Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Family,

Dear Allison, Natalie, Sierra, and Malachi,

Did you know that I write this blog for YOU? I feel so grateful for everyone else who reads, comments, and is inspired by it; but in the end, it is for YOU! It is a way for you to look back at all our wonderful memories with joy. It is a cookbook for you to find some of your favorite recipes when you have your own families. I hope it inspires you to try some of our crafts and traditions with your kids. And, it is a glimpse of God’s thumbprint on our family.

Today was a special day. It was special for so many reasons. One HUGE reason is each of YOU! Did you know I always wanted four kids? God, in His infinite wisdom, grace, and LOVE has blessed me with just that! I am so grateful my heart could burst! What joy I felt watching you run around the beach today. You are so full of life! What a smile I had on my face listening to you sing in the car. What an incredible surprise to find you cleaned the car for Papa and me without being asked. I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.

I also always wanted a wonderful, Godly husband. (What woman wouldn’t?) It is something I prayed and waited for for a very long time. Did you know that? Your Papa was my first boyfriend, and he stole my heart. Together, we prayed about our future. We memorized Scripture. We sought wise counsel before getting married. We are not perfect people. There is no such thing. But, in this matter, we did things the right way… and God has blessed us! It is important for me to say that, not to brag; I truly am thankful to God for sparing me from making some mistakes. I say it because I want you to know that you can do things the right way; you can wait on the Lord and you can expect Him to give you a Godly spouse. You can pray specifically and God will bless you with the desire of your heart!

Today was extra special because your Papa made it an extra special day. He picked out and wrote special Valentine’s for each of you. He made me feel like I was the most special person in the world, blessing me with gifts, cards, flowers, chocolate, and yet another surprise party. Again, my sweeties… I say this not to brag, but to encourage you! We are SO blessed. God has given us a wonderful head to our household; one who models Christ’s love, and takes pleasure in spoiling
loving us! Pray, be patient, and wait for a spouse like your Papa! And, always thank God for everything!

Love, Mama

Dear Daniel,

How can I say thank you? Each year you amaze me with your creative way of showing your love. Each day I am blessed to call you my husband! Our kids are blessed to call you “Papa.” You are the best, and we love you!! Happy Valentine’s Day to the love of my life!

Love, Cara


p.s. Pictures to come!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Beautiful Cara!!

Shell said...

Hi Cara, you don't know me but I have been following your blog for a while now :) My name is Shelly, and we live in SoCal too (the high desert). Anyway, my husband and I feel called to begin homeschooling our 3 kiddos (ages 1-4) and I'm interested in what cirriculum you use? We are very interested in My Fathers World, but I would love to hear your thoughts, esp. since you are in a similar boat with a load of kids :) Would you mind giving me some info? I respect your parenting style so much. Thanks, Shelly

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Hi, Shelly! Thanks for saying hello! I would be happy to let you know what we've done. I actually did My Father's World last year, too... You can e-mail me at cara@caradaniel.com and I will write you back that way! Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails