Friday, February 17, 2012

Life is Messy


I just love doing posts like the one I did yesterday... where there is a theme and lovely pictures, and you can almost feel the warm sun on your face and the sand under your toes. Then there are posts like today. Reality. Messes. Life.

There is a little girl who colored all over herself, her clothes, her desk, our fireplace, etc.

She may have also discovered her mom's dot stickers and an open cupboard that contained Doritos... Her hat is most certainly on the floor somewhere waiting for Mom to trip over it!

Her big sisters had fun playing with bears... and left the evidence to go do something else!

Our days are full. We do things like weave potholders...

...Wear balloon hats and jump on the couch!

...Color on potted plants outside until Mom looks up from making lunch and notices!

Sometimes we eat lunch on the barstools because the kitchen table is way too messy for a change of scenery.

We swing on the swingset and tell mom to take a picture because it would be so cute on the blog! (Yes, my girls really tell me that!)

We relax...

We paint...

We jump on the bed (often!)

We color...

We ask for tea like our big sisters and then don't drink it!

... And we brush our hair!


We live life, day-in and day-out. And we enjoy life. The good, the bad, and the messy! And, as much as I love the posts like yesterday's, I love the ones like today even more. It's in the simple things... the day-to-day things that I always dreamed about before becoming a mom that I feel so blessed. These are the snapshots in my head that I'll remember. When I take pictures of them, I can smile instead of getting overwhelmed by the circumstance.

This is life. It will always be messy. The kids will grow-up. The messes may change, and the antics may not be as cute or funny. But, if I take pictures of them and caption them in my heart, suddenly I am overwhelmed with joy and gratitude when I realize I am living the life of my dreams. I shouldn't be surprised to find my kids being kids -- arguing, creating messes, hugging each other, making me laugh, making me cry. I pray that God will allow me to see beyond the mess and smile because He gave me life. And, He gave me these 4 precious lives:




And I am living the life... a blessed life... the Yeh life!

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Adorable Pictures and post! Real is very messy and beautiful! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails