- Not to brag, but I make some awesome blueberry/ oatmeal pancakes. Last year I shaped them into hearts the best I could and... just look how excited Allison was! Plus, I love traditions... however, I make these quite a bit. (We just had them again this morning!) So, they're not all that "special" to my girls anymore. (I had to include a picture of my cute heart-shaped batter bowl I got from a friend for my birthday last year!)
2. My mom gave me her heart-shaped waffle maker and I haven't had an occasion to use it, yet. Just think... with whip cream and strawberries! Yum! This would have been my preference, but then I found these:
3. Wow; yum! Gourmet Mom on the Go gives step by step instructions for making these yummy heart-shaped cinnamon rolls. (I put her button on my sidebar because she has lots of other fun ideas, as well!) I LOVE cinnamon rolls and these look awesome.
So, there's my dillema... What do you think? If you get a chance, leave me a comment and vote for option 1, 2, or 3! Oh, and here's my Oatmeal/ blueberry pancake recipe:
1 pint blueberries
· 1 cup milk
· 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
· 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoon brown sugar
· 2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 beaten egg
· 2 tablespoon cooking oil
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small saucepan heat the milk until hot; remove from heat. Stir in the oats. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
3. In a small bowl stir together the egg, oil, and vanilla. Add the oat mixture and egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Then add blueberries, and again stir until combined.
4. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry.