Monday, January 26, 2009

Wonderful weekend


I'm back!  Did you miss me? :)  We had a wonderful weekend of celebrations... First, of course, was our anniversary!  After lunch, we took the girls to our favorite bakery and let them choose their own piece of cake so they would feel like part of the celebration.  Then, we went out on our own for dinner and had a wonderful time at King's Fish House. 

We also celebrated Chinese New Year with Daniel's family at our house.  Daniel prepared an awesome meal!

So, why the funny picture of Daniel in our closet with a drill, you ask?  Why not a nice anniversary photo?  Well, we spent much of our weekend re-organizing some things, including our closet.  Daniel came up with the brilliant idea of adding another bar way up high for the clothes he never wears anymore, (i.e. suits!) We also cleaned out our hall closet, our island, and our craft unit.  Impressive, huh?  This got me thinking... I feel so blessed to have a husband who loves organizing just as much as me!  We had such a great time watching everything get cleaned up and cleared out!  (As we speak, I have several empty shelves!!!)  I would have never thought to pray about having a husband who was an organizer, but God knew just what I needed, and blessed me tremendously!  

3 comments:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Oh - that must feel SO GOOD to get everything cleaned out & organized like that!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!

our delightful life said...

Happy anniversary. Isn't it just lovely to have a handy husband! I love organizing too!

Anonymous said...

It's a few days/weeks late to comment on this, but I had to tell you that the Lord also gave me someone who is organized,thank goodness! :) So, I know what you mean about how important that is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails