Saturday, July 26, 2008

Asian Introductions...

Being married to an Asian man has introduced me to many things… One of the best things that Daniel has introduced me to is Asian vegetables. The only problem with that is that I am no longer satisfied simply with broccoli and green beans! (BORING!) We now shop at least twice a month at some sort of Asian Supermarket to stock –up on all our favorites!
The veggie I love the most is pea sprouts! It is literally the leaves and sprouts from a pea plant… stir-fried with a little olive oil and garlic; yum! Actually, that is the key to most Asian vegetables… you just stir-fry with a little olive oil and garlic, (sometimes a little soy sauce and pepper), and our girls even enjoy them! Brilliant, really! Not quite as healthy as steamed, but delicious and actually consumed by our kids!
The other vegetable I love – ladies, are you ready for this? LOOFAH! (I don’t actually know the “American” term for it, but it is some sort of squash that literally becomes a loofah when it is all dried-up; I promise!) I didn’t believe Daniel until I saw a dried-up one at his parents’ house! I actually haven’t seen these even at the Asian markets, but since my in-laws grow them, here is what it looks like:


*** Give Asian veggies a try! ***
*** Or, at least try cooking veggies Asian-style; (olive oil and garlic stir-fried; yummy!) ***

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails