Sunday, July 13, 2008

Prehistoric Pets





Of all the unique birthday parties... Today we were invited to Ethan's 4th birthday to be celebrated at a place called "Prehistoric Pets." From the moment we walked in, we could smell just how prehistoric it was! Immediately, we were greeted by a 5 foot long giant lizard called a monitor... yikes! I thought it was fake until it's lizardy tongue slipped out and it began to chase me! (Ok, so it didn't chase me, but it was allowed to roam the entire place!)

Next came the presentation. My girls were so brave! I think they are the perfect age for such a place because they don't yet have the concept of fear associated with reptiles. Anyway, one-by-one they brought out snakes, lizards, frogs, turtles, etc. for the kids to pet. They even brought out a scorpion! Oh, and a giant hissing cockroach. The host brought a giant bottle of sanitizer from Sam's Club and promptly gave the kids a squirt after each petting.


As you can see from the picture, I was brave, too! (I couldn't let my toddlers show me up!) Not to mention, I didn't want them to know I was a little nervous. :) Overall, it was a lot of fun!

1 comment:

our delightful life said...

You are so brave!! I wouldn't be that brave!

Related Posts with Thumbnails