Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's for dinner?

For someone who loves to cook and eats almost anything, I sure don't like the task of figuring out what to make for dinner every night. It seems I'm always missing an ingredient, or don't have the meat defrosted, or have fussy kids who don't want to let go of my leg while I try to prepare something... it's just a tough job at this stage as a mom!
So, to make the task a little less daunting, I decided to plan out my meals for an entire month! I've been doing weekly planning for a while, but wanted to do more. Of course, I still grocery shop once a week for fresh fruits and veggies, but I am LOVING having this calendar! It has lifted a lot of stress off of me. And, I'm hoping to be able to make several monthly calendars and then start inter-mixing them to where it gets easier and easier!
For inspiration, I often get meal ideas from "Family Fun's monthly meal planner." I actually get a lot of ideas from them... crafts for Allison, gift ideas for Daniel, and just fun activities. It's an awesome site, but I highly recommend checking out their monthly meals... perhaps it will inspire you, too! (And, most importantly, help relieve some of that "What's for dinner?" stress!)
Well, I'm off to make a cool summer pasta salad with some of our homegrown cherry tomatoes. (I've finally been able to harvest them without Allison consuming them before they make it inside!) If all goes well, I will have dinner done before Natalie wakes up from her nap, and we can enjoy it picnic style tonight!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails