Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dr. Seuss Fun



As I mentioned in my last post, we did indeed celebrate Dr. Seuss day; we just happened to do so a day early! When we first did Dr. Seuss day 2 years ago, I remember lots of planning took place. This year -- not so much, thanks to Pinterest! Not-to-mention, I realized I have a lot of Dr. Seuss paraphernalia around here! For example, these 4 Dr. Seuss puzzles we started our day with:

Next we did the classic reading of "The Cat in the Hat." I had my girls help take turns with the reading. In fact, I had them help plan most of this day. I thought it would be fun for them to feel like little teachers since they were the oldest kids there at 5 and 6! The night before I handed them a checklist of things to do to prepare, such as collect items that rhyme and put them in a basket and build the "trick-a-ma-stick" for the game. They did a great job working their way through it.


Here are all of the cuties doing their "sit-down work: which came from here.

And, here was our snack:

And, here is the story behind the snack: Ever since our last Dr. Seuss day celebration 2 years ago, I've wanted to make the "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" cupcakes I saw on some blog. So, I loaded the 4 kids in the car the night before and drove to the only place I know to get cotton candy; The Dollar Tree. As you can see from the picture above, it appeared that some blue cotton candy would be in the bag. That was not the case -- it was all yellow and pink. Ugh! To make matters worse, I could NOT get the circle labels to stick to the front of the cupcakes. So, this is what we ended up with:

On the bright side, the kids did not care one bit, and they tasted delicious!

Finally, we used our 2 Dr. Seuss games to end the day with a little fun.




1 comment:

Darcy said...

Love! So clever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails