Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Musings

I love to run. Love, love, love it! I rarely need motivation... (finding time is another story!) I've been back to running for about 5 weeks, now. The picture above was taken by my husband about 3 weeks ago. A sweet new friend of ours gave us her old BOB double jogger. Yes, I feel completely blessed by her generosity! Combine that with our old garage sale double jogger, and we can all go jogging together as a family of 6, (plus the dog!). This particular day I gave my husband our little camera to catch a picture of the view. Of course, it was a foggy day... Murphy's Law! But, I feel like I'm on top of the world when we reach the top of the hill! And, he took a picture of me which made me gasp when I saw it. I need to be on one of those pictures that says, "How I feel when I run," and "How I actually look when I run." You know which ones I'm talking about? Ha!

This past Saturday we decided to jog 2.5 miles downhill to get the girls smoothies. We flew -- that was no problem! But, that meant we had to jog another 2.5 back up the hill! I am proud to say I made it 1.5 miles back up, but had to walk the rest because it got way too steep to push 2 kiddos and jog.

Yesterday we packed them all in again, which is no small task, only to make it around the corner and feel rain drops. Bummer! With my husband's schedule I am lucky to run maybe 1 - 3 times a week. I don't want a treadmill because I don't think I'll use it. I love the fresh air of an outdoor run. I love the view from a steep climb. I love gawking at houses, wondering who lives there, and gathering decorating and landscaping ideas. I don't even like listening to music when I run; I prefer to think, ponder, pray, and daydream. Running is my therapy, my stress-release, and my excuse to eat dessert before and after every meal! :) I know my knees wish I would find a different way to exercise, but I think I am literally going to run them to the ground!

In other news, we bought an avocado tree! Did you know these things grow as wide as they do tall? They are suppose to be ginormous, so we'll see how it goes. I do love me some guacamole!

We've been making lots of yummy breakfasts, lately. Crepes with homemade yuzu marmalade, dutch baby, oatmeal blueberry pancakes, and pancakes with sprinkles and chocolate chips. I always feel like a yummy breakfast and a good cup of coffee means the day has to go well! So far my theory has not held entirely true, but I am going to keep testing it!

And, just so you know... baby swings; they're not just for babies anymore!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails