Friday, March 23, 2012

Painting Therapy

Whew... I made it through March Madness! Well, March Madness at the Yeh household, which has nothing at all to do with basketball, but my husband's crazy schedule. He's been working a lot! But, I decided it's ok. The kids are currently healthy, the weather is beautiful, we have new chicks to occupy us, and working a lot means my husband is blessed with a job!

That's not to say I don't grow a bit weary... so a little "painting therapy" always seems to help! It's so fun to paint with my kiddos now that they're getting a bit older and their attention span is getting a bit better.

So, while they painted on their canvas, mommy once again painted on a canvas for a friend who is having a baby. (Incidentally, the baby is named Cara!)


And, because chevron stripes seem to be everywhere these days and are just too fun of a trend, I had to try some! First, I made a stencil out of cardboard. Next, I traced it onto the canvas. Finally, I painted he canvas. Once the canvas was dry, I erased my lines.


I had to "spy" on my friend's facebook pictures to see the colors and theme of her nursery. She had yellow, pink, white, and green and such a fun surfer theme. She is doing a lot of work, and the room looks incredible already! Hopefully, she'll enjoy this scripture from Psalm 139:


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails